Friday, February 20, 2015

all good things

Thursday was one of those days when many good things happened.

In the morning, I attended a half-day session at work about mindfulness and meditation. The workshop was facilitated by Cheney Creamer of One Green Square Wellness Consulting. It was a very lovely morning - a spa day for the heart and mind. Cheney taught us simple and easy practices of mindfulness and meditation, grounded in scientific research and traditions from many cultures. My mind is spinning with possibilities for integrating these practices into my everyday living. Stay tuned for a post about it!

Back at the office I met with the seniors' Social Committee. My co-worker Linda has been working with this group of volunteers to plan the annual Chinese New Year Lunch, which will be celebrated next Friday. I joined in to catch up on the planning and prepare to help with the event. How fortunate I am to be helping this dynamic and dedicated group of senior volunteers to put on an 8 course banquet, with entertainment by our own members. I think I have the best job in the world.

Then I hopped in my car and drove to choir practice. On Thursday evening, De Coro met for an hour with the youth choir and children's choir to practice the two mass choir pieces that we will be presenting at our concert at the end of the month. We have been rehearsing our parts for several weeks. It was astonishing to see the risers filled with choristers, and to finally hear our voices all together. I am looking forward to continuing to work so that we are ready to present our newly commissioned piece to the world on February 28.

After that, I picked my friend Karen up from her house, and continued on to a meeting of a parent group that I am helping to form. It's called The Square Peg Society. Soon we'll have a web presence, and I'll tell you more about it then.

I got home after 10:30, but I stayed up, because Alex and Andy had waited, so we could all watch the final episode of Two and a Half Men together. I remembered that I forgot to eat supper, so I sat on the couch with my sweetie and my grown up son, and ate mashed turnip and carrot (I love it, really!) and watched what happened finally to Allan, Walden, Charlie and everyone else on the show. It wasn't perfect but it was a heck of a lot better than the final episode of How I Met Your Mother.

Crash! 11:15pm. Happy, sound sleep after a very good day.

question - what's good for you yesterday? today? tomorrow?

mompoet - a good day is a nugget of yes

No comments: